Wednesday 28 August 2013

Taste of China

Hey guys! it's been fashion-fashion and no chow-ing lately huh? Oh well...here goes a start of my other culinary journey in this city.


CHOW:
Ok first of all, this place is not halal...it's all porky all the way, but the thick yummy liquid in the noodle soup..like I've never seen or tasted before..it's thick, white-ish, and I can tell it's been simmered for quite some time to get all the flavor together...subtle yet addictive...it was the most amazing noodle soup I've ever tasted.



The xiao long bao...they have many flavors and I didn't try them all, but the one that worth ordering was the black truffle one, but I don't think there's anything special to it.
The pork with the crepe wasn't that special either, they taste like slices of pork cooked in "kecap manis"...serving it inside the crepe with slices of scallion, like the Peking duck with lack of bitey and crunchy texture...but the pork was super tender, that I give you.
The dessert I decided to get was the crispy pancake with red bean filling...it was so-so...I've had better, and with more fillings inside.





SLIM CHOW:
The tofu and mushroom dish which I thought was gonna be a lil low fat, turned out to be very tasty...as a matter of fact, was too tasty for a low fat which was not! I saw pieces of pork and fat in it! oh but it was the best thing that melts in my mouth! I'm not exaggerating, I promise you, the tofu was so soft, yet absorb all the flavor, one bite, and you just don't wanna stop till it's all finished...this one is a must to order!.



VERDICT:
Totally one of the best Chinese restaurant in Indonesia...if...you know which one to order...read my reviews, and the chicken feet is quite good too and it comes with a big portion, enjoy!

KACHING!:
It is i must say rather pricey, but I think it is worth it!..if...once again you know which to order.


No comments:

Post a Comment