Monday 18 November 2013

Carnivore




Hey guys! Long time no talk bout food eh? its been lotsa fashion pics lately less chowing time..
Oh no worries.. A girl still needs to eat!

Carnivore
Rustique, Plaza senayan.

CHOW:
Shopping and mall ratting can makes a gal goes hungry...and I suddenly crave for a juicy steak that I haven't eaten for a looonggg time now.
So am here in Plaza Senayan and the first comes in mind to satisfy my craving is to go to the best place to find good steak..Rustique!
I'm so excited to go there, I've always wanted to check out the place and the food.
So there I go and order the rib eye 200gr dry age steak...with of course spinach on the side for a healthier dinner (ahem).
I ordered a med rare.. And..when it came they ask me to cut it straight away which I didn't want, coz I want to keep the juice inside (rest the steak for a few mins). So when I touched its actually med, a pale pink on the inside..but its okay..when I cut it off...I think its a lil bit too overcooked for my taste but its still okay...coz the quality of the beef makes it taste good still.
The creamed spinach however..does not have any creamy consistency at all, or even the slightest buttery feel..really taste like my mbok tun's spinach (my old mbak who cooks in my place)...err...when she's in a bad mood..its rather stringy and a lil bitter and the garlic are not vey subtle either.
I ask them for a mushroom au jus sauce which is pretty good.
And to pair this lovely meal is a glass of pinot noir if am not mistaken 2012 from chile (Pardon me if its not merlot 2010 from australia) which is nutty and mild...suits well.





SLIM-CHOW:
So for my diet side (ahem), and still satisfy my red meat pallete...I ordered a beef goulash..which usually I didn't like eveywhere.
Surprisingly..unexpectedly its very tasty!
The beef is tender and everything is savoury and nice.

VERDICT:
Pardon the flat comment, but I must say there's a lil twist here where I expect to be blown away by the steak but instead the soup is more of the star that night.
My suggestion? If u ordered a steak here if u want med rare, maybe u should ask them to make it rare...but they are very kind to ask me to check wether its the way I want it or not. And another suggestion is, order other thing than spinach for the side dish...there are many choices.



KACHING! $$$
As you can see...the steak itself cost u 268++ was it worth it? Was it that good? Was it an experience? Would I go back there for a carnivore moment?......
All I say is that the service was good and the place was nice and if u are really really really wanting a dark,classy place to eat with your steak, then Rustique is the place.

1 comment: